Scarecrow Contest Rules:
- Scarecrows can be constructed of any non-hazardous material: straw, metal, cloth, etc. All materials must be securley attached and scarecrow anchored to the ground.
- Scarecrows may depict a real person (living or dead), but NO printed photographs of faces allowed. All scarecrows must be in good taste or will be removed.
- Scarecrow design must represent or depict the annual theme to qualify for judging.
- Entry Forms may be picked up at the West TN Delta Heritage Center, (121 Sunny Hill Cove, Brownsville). You can also enter online.
- Entry Forms must be returned to the West TN Delta Heritage Center (121 Sunny Hill Cove, Brownsville, TN 38012) by Wednesday, October 11, 2017, or faxed to 731-779-9001.
- Scarecrows must be set-up on the courthouse lawn by Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 5 p.m., and will remain there until after the Hatchie Fall Fest on October 21, 2017.
- Judging will begin at 5 p.m., Saturday, October 14. A panel of regional judges will be selected. No Haywood County residents or scarecrow entrants will be allowed as judges. Judges decisons are final.
- Ribbons and prize money will be awarded at 6 p.m. (or immediately thereafter), Saturday, October 14, from the courthouse steps. All participants are asked to be present at this time.
- Scarecrows must be removed from the court house lawn by October 21, 2017.
- There are two (2) categories for competition:
- Adults (Industry, Business, Club, Group or Individual)
- Children (School, Club, Group or Individual)
Prizes for Category I & II are:
- 1st: $100.00
- 2nd: $75.00
- 3rd: $50.00
October 11, 2017
October 14, 2017
For more information,
please call 731-779-9000.